Wednesday, December 12, 2012

blogroll special #5: thrills and frills

5 questions, 1 blogger. Those are the rules of the blogroll special series. 
Today, Elisabeth from Thrills & Frills plays along. She's the kind of girl you'd wish you had a miniature version of in your pocket, to advise you when out shopping.
Queen of the breton shirt, the tapered trousers and the brogues, she found the perfect balance between classic and interesting, and has been a longtime inspiration of mine.


1. What does blogging mean to you? In a world of instagram, twitter, facebook, etc what makes you still hit the button publish today?


Even though I can now reach pretty much the same audience through Twitter and Facebook, i think for me the blog remains like an online catalogue. It's like a visual diary of all the things that inspire me, all the wish lists I create and in a small way a method of meeting new people. I have made so many wonderful friends, and still do, who express similar interests that I would have never met while living in the Irish countryside or studying Philosophy at university.


2. What's the story behind your blog? How did you come to blog?


While at uni about 6 years ago I stumbled across Susie Bubble's blog and thought "wow, people actually can create these?!" It started of as a bit of a personal style diary for myself, it was a way for me to channel all the energy and love I had for fashion into a place that I could share with like minded people. As I mentioned before I wasn't exactly surrounded by many people at university who were into the same thing as me, and I think the boyfriend was glad I didn't have to talk at him about all these things anymore that he didn't understand!



3. Where do you live and do you feel your city influences your blog? If so, In what way?


I live in North East London currently and have done so for the last 2 years. I do think though it's definitely given me so much more opportunity to explore more interests such as trips to galleries, exciting restaurants, and the selection of shops and markets is just amazing! So I guess being able to do all these things means I have a lot more 'this is what I was up to' style posts these days, rather than posts about things I might LIKE to do! I think as well there's just been so much more chance to attend fashion related events and press days so I guess I feel a little more in the 'loop' than I did do living in Ireland or at uni in Staffordshire.

4. What is your favourite film...


It's hard to choose just the one but I really love the film Fargo for its dark twisted humour, I could probably never tire of that film! 


...and book?


Book wise I really love Blankets a graphic novel by Craig Thompson and I'm reading a wonderful book about the artist Austin Osmond Spare at the moment. I really love reading about the old artists of the 1920's and 30's, the kid of creative minds that just don't exist anymore.


5. What are your favourite things to do on a sunday afternoon?


If I'm lucky to have the day off I like to head down to the local car boot sale in Dalston first thing. Then take a walk back into Stoke Newington where my current favourite cafe The Parlour, makes the greatest Eggs Benedict I've ever tasted! I usually spend the rest of the day reading the papers and catching up on episodes of Poirot (I'm an old lady at heart apparently!)


Thank you Elisabeth for your answers, I was chuffed to read them!
All the images belong to thrills and frills except portrait of Elisabeth from goodhoodstore (collages by me).
Catch up on the previous blogroll specials: La Mignonette, Simple Village Girl, Human Sea and Keitii-Chan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these links, this is a blog that I will visit for sure.

moira said...

Enjoy the read! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...